In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
The Liam Strong Charity Beach Run was created to honor of, Liam Fredric Batten, who we lost at 6 months of age to childhood cancer. In the short time he was here, Liam inspired every person he touched in more ways than we we can put into words. We want to honor Liam and give back to the all of the doctors and nurses at North Carolina Children’s Hospital that are so special to our family.
The race takes place on the beach strand at Wrightsville Beach. A fun family event with both a timed 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run. We also have a virtual race option for those who are not in Wilmington, or are more comfortable with a virtual race during the pandemic.
If you have any questions about this race, click the button below.Questions?
Sunday, September 13
Johnnie Mercers Pier
**Parking is available through metered parking (can be paid with CC).
SCHEDULE ON SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2020:
9:00am: 5K Start for participants running 30 minutes or faster
9:05am: 5K Start for participants running 31 minutes or longer
9:15am: Kids 1 Mile & 1 Mile participants running 8 minutes or faster
9:20am: 1 Mile Start Line Opens for all participants to start when they would like
9:45am: Start Line Closes
**To eliminate crowding and to enforce social distancing, spectators can watch the races from Johnnie Mercer's pier.
We ask, to help us stay within the NC Governor's Executive Order on mass gatherings, that you register online. Online registration will close at midnight on 9/12/20. There will be no way to sign-up at the race on Sunday as registration will be closed.
Sign-ups are allowed at Saturday packet pickup, on your own device (phone) from your car, to avoid mass gathering and lines at registration.
Participants must pick up their race packet at packet pickup. There will be limited packet pick-up at the race.
"Beer on the Pier" Packet Pick-up
Saturday, September 12th
Johnnie Mercer's Pier
4pm - 6pm
Join us for a beer on the pier during Saturday's packet pick-up. Sponsors will receive drink ticket(s) with their packet and all registrants can purchase beer inside the pier from 4pm - 6pm.
1. There will be a separate start and finish finish line.
2. Ground markings will be at the start line for participants to start 6 feet apart.
3. Groups will start in staggered waves - as listed above.
4. Participants are asked to not come to the Start Line until 5 minutes before their Wave Start Time.
5. Single use face masks will be available at the start line. Per the NC Governor’s Executive Order: Participants are to wear a mask, including at the Start Line, when social distancing is not possible. Masks can be removed once the race starts. Do not wear while running.
1. Participants will be asked to exit the finish line area immediately following their race.
2. Single use face masks will be available at the finish line.
3. Family, friends, and participants watching the race are not permitted at the Start and Finish Lines to stay within the mass gathering number. To watch runners, please find a spot anywhere along the course.
4. Water bottles will be available at the finish line for runners to grab on their own.
1. Volunteers will be handing out water cups to runners. All volunteers will be wearing a mask and gloves and there will be hand sanitizer on the table as well.
1. It’s Go Time staff and volunteers are required to wear face coverings.
2. Single use face masks will be available at the start line. Per the NC Governor’s Executive Order: Participants are to wear a mask, including at the Start Line, when social distancing is not possible. Masks can be removed once the race starts. Do not wear while running.
3. Single use face coverings will be available at the finish line.
1. Staff will perform routine cleaning of any frequently touched areas.
2. Hand sanitizer will be readily available at the Finish Line.
1. Participants are being reminded if they display any of the COVID-19 symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive with COVID-19 in the last 14 days, to remain home.
1. We are asking all participants who fall into the vulnerable population class to stay home and run the event virtually.
Overall and Age Group awards will be available for pick up immediately after the race, or at Fleet Feet beginning on Monday, September 14th.
Awards will be provided for the following divisions:
Kids 1 Mile Fun Run
Top 3 boys and girls - 8 and under, top 3 boys and girls, 9-16
Top 2 Overall Finishers - Male & Female
Top 1 Finishers in Age Groups - Male & Female: 19 & under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
Please complete the following survey to help us better understand your race experience.